Catching Up



Hello friends, It has been awhile I know! Time is just flying ,for me anyway. It seems to just go by faster and faster. I just had my 60th birthday. Wow , I'm really old. My daughter says I'm not,but that's only because the older I get....the older she gets HaHa!
I recently took a trip with my daughter and two of the grandchildren to reunite with my oldest son's children. I hadn't seen them in almost five years. Talking about some excitement...there was plenty, but also a very emotionally time as well,for all of us. My granddaughter is 10 and my grandson 12.
I won't go into all the details, but what a blessing to finely get to visit with them. Five years is like a life time with children,they grow up so fast. We missed so much of their lives,but I won't think on the loss. I'm so thankful to see them and love on them. It was wonderful.


image from facebook


So how has things been going in your lives?  I pray all is well.
I'm looking forward to cooler weather......as most of you know, I'm not a hot weather person.
Texas is so hot and humid most of the time. I have caught a few mornings when I could sit on the porch and have coffee. It is so nice sitting out and enjoying the sights and sounds of nature early in the morning. It blesses my soul. I'll say bye for this time. Bless you all ,my dear blogging family.

Comments

  1. Good to see a post, Shelley! Happy belated birthday! I don't know how I missed that. Our weather has been brutal! I am eagerly awaiting Fall...but then there is winter, which I can do without, altogether! So glad you got to see those grandbabies! I can't imagine not seeing mine for that long. I hope there will be many more visits!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Shelley! Nice to see you blogging again. I have had so much going on here and on face book, that I have been neglecting my blog. Hopefully I can get back to it this week as maybe it won;t be as busy. You are not old! So happy to hear that you got to see your grandchildren. I only have one daughter and one granddaughter. They are our world. If they moved away, I don;t know if I could stand it. I agree with you about the time. We are knocking on Fall's door and once that happens, the holidays will be here. Blessings to you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there Shelley!--was so glad that you stopped by and left me a comment, sure brightens my day. Glad you liked the post and went on the walk with us. I am enjoying your blog and looking at your pictures now. Hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I wish life was so that grandchildren lived in the same town as in the olden days, but things are different now. Your prayers travel over to help the ones you love. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy late birthday to you, Shelley! It's nice to see a blog post from you. I've been neglectful of my blog, too. Maybe when it's not so hot,we'll feel more like it!
    Love, Marqueta

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you all so very much for taking time to leave a comment. I treasure them.....truly ♡

John 3:16

Popular Posts