Drawing nearer


Hello friends, I pray this post finds everyone doing wonderfully. The leaves are really starting to fall here at my place. Makes me want to get out and romp in them.
Raking leaves and burning them "used" to be one of my favorite things about Autumn.
Unfortunately, I am no longer able to do that. In about a month I will have so many leaves on the ground it will be hard to walk through them.
Hopefully I can enlist some help getting them raked.
However, they do make great fall decorations..... 😊
It is Tuesday again. My daughter comes to help clean the house today.
She is my provider through Home health and works on Tuesday and Thursday of each week. What a blessing she is. One I am very grateful for!
I clean at my house, but she can get down to business.... So to speak! I enjoy having her over.
I've been reading some Amish stories, I really enjoy them. Also ,I have been crocheting. I have several projects started, and I am working towards getting them completed.
I'm looking forward to the Christmas season ,it is my very favorite holiday.
I love Christmas. .. .It's something I look forward to all year. I celebrate Jesus in my heart all year round, but setting aside a special day of the year just makes it more wonderful, I think!
I can't wait to decorate, but I am planning on being more minimal this year. Time will tell..... Hehe.
The time is certainly drawing nearer though. I will be pulling out the few tubs I have left of decorations soon.

Look what I found out in my yard one morning. So beautiful . It's the first time it's bloomed . Was I ever surprised . Yes indeed!



Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings


Comments

  1. Oh Shirley, the Iris blooming must have been such a joy to see midst the fallen leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley, what a wonderful daughter you have. What are you crocheting? I haven't done much in the way of crochet but I am trying to finish up my grandchildren's quilts. I would love to hear about the Amish books you are reading! Please share! That is one of my favorite Irises. I had a sweet friend who had those. Her birthday was in November and every year, about the time of her special day, those Irises bloomed. She always said God sent her a birthday present when they bloomed! I suspect God has also sent you a special gift through the beautiful bloom.

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning ! :) What a joyful and Autumnal post you write for us today ! :) Yes that Iris was a gift to make you smile for sure . I am also gathering leaves...I put mine onto my vegetable garden beds to return goodness back into the earth ..the earth worms do the digging for me . I also would like to know these Amish stories that you have been reading ? Blessings to you too . Debbie :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweet Shelley. You came to my mind today and I stopped to see if you had been on your blog lately and yes you have! So happy to know you're well. I'm a little excited about Christmas decorating too. I've enjoyed that we've finally gotten some cooler weather in TX and that the leaves are falling. I actually love seeing them on the ground, but yes it takes a lot of work to clean them up and it's hard to get done. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shelley! That is great about your daughter. And so true of the specialness of Christmas! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you are thankful for your daughter my friend. What a blessing she is to you. Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you all so very much for taking time to leave a comment. I treasure them.....truly ♡

John 3:16

Popular Posts