Doll Daze

Reborn Susannah

I am going to be adding a new label to my posts here......."Doll Daze"
I actually once had a whole separate blog with that name, but at the time I couldn't keep up with more than one blog at a time, so I deleted it. I still don't think I can!
I have all my life been a doll fan, and I have once again begun to embrace a doll hobby in my senior years.  It is fun for me and something I enjoy very much.
I enjoy a variety of doll types. Baby dolls and Raggedy Ann being my favorite. The latest type of doll I have discovered is the Reborn doll.


Reborn JoAnna

It is a doll kit, painted by a reborn artist to look very realistic. I have a couple of these dolls and just love them. Some people think they are creepy, but not me. However there are some vampire, zombies, etc. dolls that I don't care for.
I would never consider transforming such an innocent thing as a baby into some evil image.
Even if it is just a doll! That just isn't me.
I do like antique dolls, some modern, vintage,cloth, and carved wooden dolls as well. 


A vintage doll........Clara

Not all people understand doll hobbyists, but I guess other doll fans do.
How about you?  Are you a doll fan? If not, what kinds of hobbies do you enjoy?
I have other things I enjoy, but that will be for another time......another post.

Thanks for stopping by today
Blessings,  Shelley

Comments

  1. Hi Shelley! I had this nice comment all ready to post and then I accidently left the page because my indoor cat was trying to get a lizard that is outside on our back step. It was really funny.

    Anyway, I like dolls but I don't collect them. I do have three that I got from Avon many years ago but they are packed away, in the garage.
    I used to collect stuffed animals, mostly bears. This was back in the 1980s but I gave them all away except for one bear named Bumbles. I remember the day, I bought it too. It was the day Andy Gibb died and I remember being totally heartbroken.

    Then there was the time, I collected teacups. Now the only teacups I collect are the ones I receive as gifts. I still have the ones I collected plus some my mother in law gave me. They were her mother's.

    Anyway, your dolls are very pretty and I agree with you about vampire and zombie dolls. They are just not necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I LOVE dolls and have a doll room in my house! lol The reborns are so realistic and very fun to dress and pose. Of course I love the vintage dolls too! You have some special dollies! Hugs, Diane and dollies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shelley... actually no, I'm not a collector of dolls, but I do enjoy seeing yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these sweet doll babies! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you all so very much for taking time to leave a comment. I treasure them.....truly ♡

John 3:16

Popular Posts