Chit, Chat............This and That




Hello friends,  Welcome to my blog.  I hope you are having a blessed week thus far, I am.  We got a small rain shower yesterday and a bit cooler temps, which was wonderful!  So, what have you all been up to? I gave an old shelf and chair a makeover by spray painting them yesterday.  It was a big job for me, and I woke up feeling it this morning.  I may take this day a bit easier, but do have a small forth of July project planned. Have any of you started your decorating for the 4th of July yet?  I have.  Nothing big, just small things......here and there.
It is kinda hard to believe that we are already half way through the year. 
I wouldn't mind rushing through summer to autumn though.  I know some of you probably love the summer time, and I fully understand why, but for me, and on account of the dreaded HOT summers here........... It just isn't a good thing for me, unfortunately!  I stay indoors as much as possible, in the AC.
I putter around the house and find plenty of things to do.


Potted some houseplants

I've been trying to grow some plants. A few edibles and some houseplants. Some are doing well, some are not!

So how you doing? What things have you been working on?   Thanks so much for stopping by today. Hugs and blessings,  Shelley


Me in back, to the right.
With some dear friends


Comments

  1. Shelley, you look great! It looks like you are in a nice church in that picture. I lived in Texas (several decades ago) for a year and I totally understand your dread of summer! It was 114 degrees for a month when I lived there! Your plants look healthy. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too ...prefer the cooler months ..early Autumn is my favourite time .Actually we are desperate for some rain here , we had a little misty stuff last night ( I,m in the very far South West of Cornwall England )So let me guess ..is that a Sedum and a pot of Morning Glory or maybe french beans ? :) Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shelley! I a m already looking for Fall too. I know for every thing there is a season, but me and Summer do not get along very well. LOL! We have been getting lots of rain and we are so thankful for it. We deal with drought conditions so much during these hot months. I know it will help to have our water table built up before it gets too dry here. I hope you will get more rain too. Time is really flying by us so fast. Stay cool and enjoy as much of the summer as possible. That's what I'm trying to do as well. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Shelley, It was so nice to read your friendly post that felt like a chat over a cuppa. Thank you for inviting us into your life and asking about ours.

    I, too, am a cool weather person - even to the point that winter with snow on the ground is my favorite season. I am a garden of flowers but love those days when the fields are lying quietly in complete stillness. So calming and soothing for my soul.

    For now I am busy doing a new thing! I have started doing veggie juice daily for my husband and I. All of the pulp goes out into composting trenches for better soil next year. Can't wait to see how we and the garden are doing next summer with these changes. : )

    I hope you are doing well and have had a lovely Sunday today. Blessings dear friend.

    xo,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just swinging by again to say, "Happy July 1st, Shelley".
    Hope you are having a great Sunday!
    Love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
    Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents thanks for sharing.
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you all so very much for taking time to leave a comment. I treasure them.....truly ♡

John 3:16

Popular Posts