Snow Days

Pinterest 

We have had a few days of very cold weather with snow and ice. I enjoyed seeing the snow and watching the birds. They were everywhere. I made sure they had plenty of food. I tried getting pictures, but they didn't take well.


Not good at all, but there it is.

I remained inside, stayed warm and kept my water dripping, as to keep the pipes from freezing.  Unfortunately, they did and I was out of water for a few days until my son in law was able to fix them. I spent my time weeding through things in my home, and rearranging my living room,with help of course!
Yesterday I had to take it a bit easier so I sorted through paper work and magazines.
This cold spell was really.... really cold, with the temps dropping into the single digits. That is super cold for our neck of the woods. The schools and some business's were closed, but people still were out and about. Lots of wrecks to.
I couldn't understand why they just didn't stay home  unless it was absolutely necessary to be out.
We are just not used to such cold snowy weather here. Driving is very hazardous.
But there are those that want to get out and give it a try anyway.

Stay warm everyone..... What part of the world are you in?
If you don't mind me asking.

Blessings to you,  Shelley



Comments

  1. It's so weird that you had snow and we had nothing but brutal cold! We usually have had a least one decent snow, by this time, but I'm not complaining! I'm sure ready for some warmer weather, though!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm near St. Louis, and today we finally had sunshine all day and a high of 56 degrees. It was so good to be outside in it. We had, I believe, 13 days where it never got above freezing and went down into single digits or below zero at night. Usually when it is that cold around here the days are sunny, but this year we have had so many cloudy, depressing, below freezing days. I was really starting to get a little down from the dreariness of the days. I got some extra stuff done inside of the house, but I was starting to get cabin fever. I think it was just day before yesterday that we had our first above freezing day (in the 40's).

    It was fun seeing your bird pic. I find birds a bit difficult to get good pictures of. My camera doesn't do well through glass and window screens, and if I open the door to stick my face out and take a picture, either the birds all fly away, and/or my Fuzzy Pomeranian tries to sneak past me. He gets cabin fever, too.

    We are predicted to have a January thaw here for several days, I hope you are, too.

    Stay warm and take care,
    Susie D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Cornwall, UK and our temperature yesterday was about 8 degrees C
    (45 degrees F). We very rarely see snow and Spring has already started to arrive. Primrose and daffodils are in our gardens and next month there will be small buds on the trees. Cornwall has a lot of coastline and is served by the Gulf Stream.
    I've been tidying up and clearing out - again! Where does all this stuff come from?! ;)
    It does my mind a world of good to have clear work surfaces and minimal decorative pieces around, but it's an ongoing battle.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you all so very much for taking time to leave a comment. I treasure them.....truly ♡

John 3:16

Popular Posts