Chit Chat.......This 👉 That

It is time!
Image saved from facebook 

Well, January is just about gone. It has been one of the coldest I can recall. The temps are picking up now and feeling more like spring. It put me in mind of flowers blooming, planting gardens, etc.  There will be no garden here for me, as those days are long gone. Still I will try and plant a few plants in pots  or in the ground near my porch. But not until after Easter as I remember the elders suggesting. Easter comes early this year by the way..... On April 1st. I normally refer to Easter as Resurrection Sunday, because of my faith in Christ Jesus. I am so grateful for what he did for us all.


I am still working around the home here , weeding, organizing, and trying to accomplish what I have set out to do.  I mentioned minimalism, but becoming a minimalist, in my own way of thinking, is different from others. I don't want my home so sparse that it doesn't looked lived in! I just want it not to looked cluttered or cause me to feel stressed and overwhelmed. I need to focus clearly on what is in my home and how it may benefit myself and my home, as well as visitors who may drop by from time to time.
To be totally honest with you, my faithful readers..... I have been recently diagnosed with PTSD and anxiety. I am making changes in many areas of my life as to help me heal. If I have mentioned this already, then please do forgive me for overlooking the fact of doing so.
With all the grief of lost loved ones over the last few years and the crisis in which our family suffered going through a nasty trial and unjust sentence in which my son received, I at least have some understanding of as to the why of my diagnosis.
I was dramatized during "that trial" severely.
So much for that subject..... I can't think on such things.
I do desire your prayers though. I am getting some much needed help now and I am trusting God I will be healed.

Facebook 

On a good note, I am beginning to take an interest in my housekeeping and decorating again. My  mental illness is one reason I am trying to make changes around here. I want to bring some of nature indoors. I will be sharing with you soon as to how I will be doing that. Not in big ways, but small, simple ways.
I am also finding lately that I enjoy very much staying home. I am planning some what of a daily routine for myself. I am hitting and missing at it at this point, but do hope to make it a daily thing for myself. One of the things I am implementing into my daily life is "Taking Tea"....everyday at 3:30. I have really enjoyed this. It is a great relaxation time for me.
It truly is the little things that matter the most! I am finding this statement to be even more true than ever.

I have chatted enough for this time my friends. I'll be back soon. Thanks so much for your kindness in the way of visiting and commenting.
Your comments are a blessing. Please forgive me for not replying back as much as I should. God bless you all and do come again, with love  Shelley

Comments

  1. Oh Shelley, I do feel for you! I also suffer with PTSD and anxiety. It is under control but that little switch, that sets me off, can be tripped so easily. I have found, along with the prescriptions, Vitamin D helps a lot.

    Just this morning, I pulled out a bunch of STUFF, from one of our closets, in order to pare down. We have a very small home and the closets are incredibly small, but I can poke so much junk in them. I can barely put a few pieces of clothing in there. Shoes don't stand a chance of fitting in. It seems I just did this but the stuff just accumulates without me ever realizing it!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pray for you Pam, and I ask that you pray for me. It is a struggle, but God is on our side.
      Yes, the stuff continues to accumulate..... I find that to 😊

      Delete
  2. I agree with Pam, above. For me Vitamin D, which I was diagnosed as having very low levels in my system, has helped me immensely this year in withstanding the cold cloudy days, long evenings, plus little time outdoors. I take a high prescription dose, and it is doing wonders. It has made this winter not nearly
    so miserable as it has been for many years past.

    My house is terribly disorganized right now and I'm having a hard time keeping up with cleaning it. My knees are pretty much done for by 3 pm, so I have a hard time getting enough done, especially if I have errands or appointments on any given day, then very little gets done.

    I need to get organized. What used to look cozy and homey to me now is starting to look like a thrift store in here. It's the same stuff, but I'm in a different frame of mind lately.

    Shelley, I'll keep you in prayer. May you feel better and better, each and every day. Take care.

    Susie Donahue


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers hun. They are very much appreciated. I will share some ideas I have on displaying our "treasures " in a more practical way.
      So as not to seem so overwhelming. I do take vitamin D regularly,along with other supplements. Some days I feel like they are really helping, others I don't. But I am definitely not giving up. I will be well one day. ❤

      Delete
  3. Shelley, sending you a big hugs and prayers up to our Heavenly Father!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suffer from Chronic Nerve Pain in my lower back. Housework is very difficult Depression is also looking over my shoulder.
    However, I've found a couple of ways to help with these issues.

    1) I have very little clutter. Just three or four (maximum) pieces on each flat surface. This makes dusting/cleaning much easier. And I don't feel crowded in by lots of stuff. Like Susie says above, too much stuff and my home feels like a charity (thrift) shop! There's no place for my eyes to rest, they're always being stimulated.

    2) White is my new best friend. White walls, white bedding, white throws on sofas, white curtains, white crockery, white everything. You get the idea! I warm it up with texture and off-whites/creams. Knitted throws, woven/wicker baskets in light, neutral colours. Lots of lights are essential. I use lots of fairy lights all year round with warm white LED bulbs. Creamy candles. My ornaments are white with natural jute twine wrapped around them and I also love light wood pieces.
    I only have pattern within one colour.

    It's taken me a lifetime (58) to find that this soft, calm, peaceful type of decor soothes my mind and my soul.
    I recommend looking at the blog 'Farmhouse on Boone'. It's this blog that has truly made me much happier within my home.

    Kay in UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kay, thanks so much. Everything you said is exactly what I am trying to accomplish for my home decor. And I recently discovered Farmhouse on Boone, only her YouTube channel. It has inspired me very much. My home is dark... I want to moved to a small apartment, but that isn't possible at this time. I will keep moving forward in my quest ❤

      Delete
  5. Dear Shelley,

    I am sorry to hear of your being diagnosed with PTSD and anxiety.

    Did you receive an email from me yesterday? I had some information I wanted you to be aware of.

    If you didn't get my email, would you please respond here and I will send it again hoping you will receive it. If you don't reply here, I will assume you got my email. Okay?

    God bless and keep you.
    Love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will go check Lily. I have a habit of not checking my email. Thank you so much ❤

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad to hear from you my friend. I always think of you when I play with my dollies and I did a post today you would like. AND you always inspire me. You've changed your life over the years and made it better. I admire you for that my friend. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you all so very much for taking time to leave a comment. I treasure them.....truly ♡

John 3:16

Popular Posts