Chit Chat. ....this and that


Yesterday was kind of different with the eclipse and all. I didn't go out right at the time of it,but did venture out a while later.
Nature seemed to be confused a bit to me. Most of the birds were quite, while a couple, what seemed to me, were fussing a bit. The crickets were
singing, although the sun was shinning brilliantly.

Birthday gift from my daughter Regina.
I spent the day indoors though  weeding through books. In my downsizing attempts, I have allowed myself one lone bookshelf.  So I can only keep the number of books that will fit the shelf. I have a fancy for books. They have been one category of "stuff" I have had a bit of a problem "letting go" of!
The other is my dolls.
I love my babies 😀
As a matter of fact I bought myself a "new to me " baby off ebay for my birthday, which was on the 16th.
I am 58, and Yes, still very much a doll fan! But I think those of you who have been with me a while at this blog know that about me.



I intend to embrace my doll hobby, as it makes me happy. And I have other things which I enjoy as well that I plan to embrace more than ever. I just want to live what life I have left here joyfully. Of course, being a Christian, my first desire is to be 100 % in the will of God. I will do my best to be so.
I may fail miserably, but God knows me!
I am so thankful for his grace and mercy which is new every morning. Thank you Lord for loving me despite all my shortcomings. I give you the glory, and desire to glorify you in all things.


So what are some of your favorite hobbies?  What makes you happy? I'll be sharing some more on that subject here soon. I have many things that bring me pleasure. I just need to begin remembering what they are, then following through with the thought.
May you have peace and joy in your life.

God bless


Comments

  1. Hi Shelley! I love your post. I like to crochet and color adult coloring books. And though not a hobby, I find pleasure in drinking tea out of a pretty teacup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful things. Taking tea in a pretty tea cup is quite wonderful indeed ❤🍵

      Delete
  2. Happy belated Birthday!

    Thinking about what my hobbies are made me think about how many hobbies and activities I have let slip by the wayside. I used to have so many more hobbies than I do now. For now, doing what I can in my flower beds and puttering around outside are my hobby. I think when flower growing season is over I will get back to my folk art painting. I used to have many things that I collected and would spend time thrift shopping for them. I don't do that very much anymore. I don't know exactly why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to enjoy many things I longer take time for. I am trying to make some positive changes. Maybe start new things or returning to some things I used to enjoy. ❤

      Delete
  3. Good Morning, Shelly! I used to have lots of hobbies, but do not have much spare time these days. My main hobby these days is enjoying my doll collection. I also love to read and listen to Contemporary Christian music. Have a blessed day! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, a little late, but good wishes just the same! Books are a weakness of mine too. I just wish I had the time to read more! Take care and enjoy all the things that make you happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peggy.
      So good to hear from you ❤👼

      Delete
  5. Shelley...first let me say Happy Birthday :0) and your doll hobby brings you so much joy, then continue it! I enjoy the fiber arts, and trying to keep this hobby in check is quite an undertaking :0) thank you for sharing... mari

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know where you are located in Texas, but I hope you are far away from the hurricane and on high ground, and you and your family are safe and sound.

    Susie D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie, I am safe, but my heart breaks for all those who are suffering from the effects of hurricane Harvey. We are only having mild weather from it here 😞🌈❤

      Delete
  7. Hi Shelley, I too hope you are away from the hurricane in TX. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Happy Belated Birthday.
    Love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lily. All is well here. Praying for others who are suffering 🙏❤💐

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness! I forgot to say "Happy Birthday!" I truly hope it was a greatr day for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you all so very much for taking time to leave a comment. I treasure them.....truly ♡

John 3:16

Popular Posts