Blessings of the Best Kind


Hello friends, how are you today?  We had a horrible storm last evening. A tornado passed over and touched down not to far from us. I am praying there wasn't a lot of damage, and certainly no loss of lives. I haven't check the news yet,so I'm unsure of that. My dogs were so afraid.  Tasha,poor thing had to sleep with me as it thundered and lighten all night. But all is well today. Just a slow rain and cooler temps.  One part of spring I could do without is the unpredictable storms.  Isn't our lives pretty much the same?

I did little decorating for Easter this year. I recall when I decorated about every room and enjoyed doing so. However, decorating for any holiday has been dwindling down for me over the past five years or so. Just Don't feel the need, nor do I have the energy anymore.  My feeling about the holidays have changed somewhat as well. Not that I find celebrating the holidays of any less importance, it's something to do with how our holidays are celebrated they I seem to feel abit differently about!  I suppose it is the season of my life I am living now.
I still hear God's still small voice whispering.....Be quiet Shelley, be still and know I am with you. Look and see with the sight of wisdom. To know the difference of what is real,what is lasting. Remember , that the things of this world are fading. All to soon those things will pass, will be no more. So today, while it is still today, enjoy  those things which are most beneficial to the spirit. Those are the things which you will carry with you. Lay up your treasures in heaven. Those are the best treasures for they shall be treasured for all of eternity.

I have no more words, for he spoke for me.  Blessings of the best kind to all



Comments

  1. Oh what precious words Shelley...like you, I feel that the holidays are a bit too loud for me, so I try to keep it very calm and focused fully on Our Lord! Have a blessed day and praying no one was hurt from yesterday's storms...mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebrating with decorations was fun with my kids growing up and with grand-kids. Now we are all older. I suspect you are right-- it has to do with seasons of life. We shift and change our priorities as time goes by.

    Happy Easter to you, Shelley. Hope the day (and the spring season) is lovely and blessed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post was so good I had to read it twice. Just the words Our Lord wanted me to hear today. Happy Easter. He has risen, He has risen indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The season of life I am living now", that is exactly how I feel as the past two or three holidays have come and gone before I managed to get very much decorating done. I did get a few little decorations for Easter out, but I didn't get near as much done as I would have liked.

    May you and yours have a wonderful Easter! (with or without decorations)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shelley - Happy Easter to you. May you feel the love and peace of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Hugs from AZ.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you all so very much for taking time to leave a comment. I treasure them.....truly ♡

John 3:16

Popular Posts