Sweet Bye and Bye



I've said good bye to one friend and two family members all during the last four weeks. First a dear sister in our church passed away suddenly.  Her memorial was first, then a few days before my niece passed at age 46. Her funeral was last Saturday.  Then my uncle whom had been ill for a while, has now passed on as well this week. His funeral is this coming Saturday.  I'm thinking God is really busy picking flowers. Death is certainly apart of living, but I'd rather that death not come so close together, but of course in such things, we don't get our rathers. That's God's doings ..........he does the picking! Not us!


Google image

My niece's death was a shock to her family.  Hers was one of the most emotional funerals I had ever been too, so....so sad. I'm not looking forward to Saturday either, but I want to be there as support to my aunt and the rest of the family.  The only good I can find from death is that it brings loved ones that normally don't take time for one another back together for a bit. It's sad , but true that sometimes a funeral is the only time distance family members see one another. Thats how its been for my family anyway. Even then not everyone can make it to show their respects. It is a comfort though when one knows that their loved ones at rest had prepared before hand by excepting Christ as Savior and Lord. Its a comfort knowing that all is well with their souls and we will meet again in glory. This is our blessed hope as Christians.  I would not ask a single one of them to return here, but we will someday go to where they are. Where they are, is so much better, our minds can't even truly comprehend just how wonderful heaven really is.

1 Corinthians 2:9


Comments

  1. So sorry for your loss. It seems a lot die young these days! I was thinking of how hard it must be when one does not have a strong prayer life. We must always be prepared to meet the Lord! Life here is but a drop of water in the ocean compared with eternity. Such mysteries! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you will see your much loved family members again one day. May God's strength and comfort be with you at this difficult time. So sorry for the loss of your friends and family members.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry your family and church have bared so much loss. It is so difficult to understand the whys of it all but God's plan is not our plan and I have faith that He will get you all through.

    Grace & Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so so sorry for your losses.It does hurt so much, especially when they are young.
    In the last 3 months I have lost a nephew and niece.I ache also for my brother who lost his children.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you, and your family,and your Church Family...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you all so very much for taking time to leave a comment. I treasure them.....truly ♡

John 3:16

Popular Posts