Coping When Life isn't Easy



Just thought I'd share something about how I deal with my daily struggles.  I'll not name them, but I'll  just say that this whole year of 2015 has been a very constant struggle for me.  Yes, there have been good times along with the bad just the same, and I'm very happy for those times. But for the most part its been thus far a very sad time in my life. At the beginning of the year I told you all my word for the year was Grace and boy , do I know why God put that word in my heart now! His grace has certainly covered me daily.  I've pray more than what seems like I ever have, I've beg and pleaded with God until its put me to shame, all along, I've sensed him saying to me......Trust me, Shelley. I do, trust him, but I'll admit that I've also questioned why. Haven't we all at some time or another in this life questioned why?




I've tried to keep myself busy doing something to occupy my mind, to keep my mind from dwelling on my struggles. I read, crochet, listen to wholesome music,  journal, doodle, and have had a renewed interest in my doll hobby. I found the doll and reborn doll community on YouTube and have found a sense of release going there to visit other women who enjoy dolls as I do. While I'm not as enthusiastic as some of those ladies are about their dolls, I do enjoy watching them role play (what they call it) when they enter act with their very realistic dolls. There are other doll collectors on you tube as well, besides those that just collect the reborn dolls. All these different things take me away from my problems for a time being and occupy my mind, but my real peace and emotional help always comes through prayer,casting my cares before the Lord and reading my bible. Also , conversation with friends is always very helpful . Thank you for continuing to read and comment.  Blessings to each one, Shelley

One of my YouTube videos......



Comments

  1. Prayers that things may get better for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb, things will get better in his time ♡

      Delete
  2. I love your Texas accent! When times are tough, yet you cling to Jesus without having consolation even; these are times you are truly growing spiritually. If we never had trials, we could never prove to God our love for Him. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly, I am so sorry that 2015 has been hard for you..Grace..yes Grace, When things are hard ,we have to hold onto His Loving Grace for us. So happy that He gave that comfort to you. I pray that things will get better, and that you will feel God's loving arms around you.
    SO happy that you are enjoying your dolls.They are so fun, Proud that you have something to keep your mind, off the other things.. Have enjoyed seeing your new babies..SO pretty.
    hugs my sweet friend.. Hold on ... Know that God is with you.. Hope to encourage you as you encourage us with your wonderful Faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy.......so much. God is good all the time ♡

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you all so very much for taking time to leave a comment. I treasure them.....truly ♡

John 3:16

Popular Posts