Back to the Cottage.......Style


I feel myself moving back toward this style “Cottage Style “. While I still have this style through out my home, the color isn’t there. At one point I moved toward more neutral colors and have been happy with them, but I feel like I want some changes in my home for the new year. These pictures are from my “Mobile Cottage “, a few years back. They look inviting to me now. I don’t know how this will turn out or how much change will truly take place,but I’m feeling it so we will see. 




I no longer have this sweet little red stove.......man, I could kick myself! 



 If I ever get to where I can shop again , I’m going! Of course in my case,that would also mean doing away with some things here in the home. I have a little rule I follow, if some things come home with me, other things must leave. It keeps from accumulating to much. Works for me anyway, but In the past I’ve regretted getting rid of some things. Can’t keep it all, right? 





I think the two colors in this picture from Pinterest go wonderful together .  
I hope to see more of them in my home Very soon. Thank you for stopping by today.
Blessings to all, Shelley 


Comments

  1. Yes , me too . I,m having a jolly good sort and clear out .I also need to bring in some cheerful colour ....a vase of flowers would be nice , if only a few branches and stems of greenery from our winter garden .Rosemary and Bay to fragrance the room would be refreshing too . Have a beautiful day my friend ! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just what you mean by wanting some more color in your home, I am thinking the same way. I need to clean things up and organize before I find more colorful things to display. I like turquoise and red together, for some reason the combination really appeals to me especially at this time of year.

    I still have my Christmas wreath on the front door, as do my across the street neighbors. That is the only Christmas decoration either of us have up, but their wreath looks so pretty to me still, I hope my wreath still looks cheerful to them. It has been such dreary weather, any little bit of color helps. Coming up soon I will put a valentine wreath on the door.

    I had started feeding the mockingbirds and cute little chickadees and doves that stay in my big rosebush bread crusts every morning. Much to my little Fuzzy dog's annoyance. He wanted the crusts. I had to stop because one of the mockingbirds was taken by a hawk. I had been enjoying that hawk because it always did that hawk call you would hear on Westerns everytime it flew over when my husband and I were out in the yard. Now I have quit feeding the birds because I don't want the hawk getting any more of them.

    I liked Daisy Debs idea of fragrancing the room with Rosemary and Bay. That sounds so fresh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you all so very much for taking time to leave a comment. I treasure them.....truly ♡

John 3:16

Popular Posts